Be it summers, be it winters, be it then or be it now, hills are a tourist attraction round the year. While some long for the snowfalls in the winter, others love the cool sunny morning of summers. The Hills promise of a striking scenic beauty. The music of the waterfalls and the tenderness in the chirping of the birds is unparalleled. Honeymooners too, have always been magnetized by such exotic locations. Today we bring to you five beautiful hilly destinations where you could spend some overwhelming, breathtaking, fun filled lovey-dovey period and make your memories into memoirs.
1. Kashmir: The paradise of India or The Switzerland of India, whatever you may call it, Kashmir has an aura, a strong affinity, and a love in the heart of every Indian which is surpassed by fondness for any other hill stations or tourist spot. Every one wishes to visit the beauty of Kashmir. The houseboats or the ‘Shikaras’ by the Dal lake, are like honey to the bee. Almost every couple can be seen enjoying the Shikaras, clicking pictures there and creating memories.
While you visit Kashmir, do not forget to visit the ‘Sonamarg’, famous for its glaciers and the golden early morning sunrise. ‘Gulmarg’ is next beautiful spot where one can take a ride on the world’s highest ropeway. Pehalgam, another beautiful village is only three hours away from Srinagar and has exotic locales. Mind you when you visit Pehalgam. One may feel Deja-Vu, thanks to the Bollywood which has shot so many movies in that valley.
2. Shimla: Next to nothing, lies the beauty in Shimla. While Kashmir becomes inaccessible to a lot of tourists, Shimla provides the much respite needed. With a host of places worth visiting here, those that are remarkably busy and tourist’s centric are The Tara Devi temple and The Christ Church. The church is said to be one of the oldest amongst many churches built in India.
The Summerhill is next very interesting place to visit. Honeymooners can be seen snowballing during the winters. During the summers, one can visit the waterfall which is just beyond the Summerhill. For tourists, the Mall road is a very attractive shopping street. Here people get dressed into hilly people’s traditional attires and get themselves clicked amid the stunning landscapes.
3. Manali: While Kullu Manali is spoken in a single breath, it is the beauty of Manali which is enthralling and mesmerizing. The Kullu is for street shopping; couples who want to take home some memories for all back at home. For couples who rather want to enjoy their own time together, Manali gives the perfect setting. Several cottages are concealed amid the tall and striking Devdar Trees, which provide the perfect romantic setting. Hidimba Temple is in close proximity and can be visited as a pass time.
Further to Manali, people fond of snowballing can go to Rohtang Pass and can enjoy besides snowballing, skiing, and snow sledding. Remember the song from ‘Jab we Met’ picturised on Kareena and Shahid. It was shot here only. Click a few pictures of yourselves too and build memories. The Solang Valley is another option for adventure seeking couples to try paragliding here at the most economical rates.
4. Nainital: The Most conveniently located and most easily approachable, Nainital is an all time tourist attraction. From the mall road to the paddling boat and from the cable cars that take you to the snow view area, to the game parlors, all can be enjoyed here. Neither the excessive chill of the winter nor the hot sunny summer. Nainital has the most pleasant and quixotic environ round the year. Dreamy as the city is, it’s equally engaging.
The couples here can go all the way to Corbett National Park to have some adventurous outing, or can go paddle boats in the serene lakes of the city. Nainital, bheemtal, sattal, are names of several lakes each a few kilometers away and equally attractive and passionate spots. People also like to visit the Naina Devi temple which is considered as one of the Shakti Peeths.
5. Ooty: The hills from the north are mesmerizing, but south is no less. This article is incomplete without mentioning Ooty. It is still hard to forget the surreal beauty of the place as portrayed in Bipasha Basu starrer Raaz. The Botanical Garden is a couple’s delight, with the beautiful roses and a variety of flowers that adorn the garden. It promises to deliver umpteen photography options. The Avalanche Lake and the Emerald Lake gives a wonderful sightseeing option.
From the Echo Rock, you could call the name of your significant other half and enjoy ecstasy. Spare yourself some time and go to the golf course nearby, or make a further visit to Kunoor and enjoy the Tea Garden environ there. Whatever you may choose, Ooty never fails to charm and amaze.
Hills add the tinge of excitement to every journey and when it is about the first holiday with your spouse, it needs to be simply memorable. Plan your sojourn before long and book a gripping holiday in any of your favorite Hill stations as the marriage season is on.
We hope, you get the best of the time with your partner and don’t forget to share some of your fondest memories you have of your favourite hill station.