5 Lesser Known Beautiful Tourist Places in MP
Situated in the centre of the country, Madhya Pradesh is a much less traversed yet an exciting destination. Not many know that the foreign tourists find it a stimulating state and that here lie a number of spectacular visual treats. Thatslyf brings to you some lesser known yet beautiful cities that are a Must See.
1. Jabalpur: The heavy gush of water flowing through the distance makes Dhuadhar falls appear extremely dreamy. The waterfall stands true to its name. Rich smoke of water vapours are formed by the flowing water and the roar of the fall is heard even at great distance. Another lucrative place to visit is the Marble Rocks. Naturally eroded by air and water, these are a rich heritage site and any sort of commercial exploitation is banned by the MP tourism ministry.
2. Pachmarhi: Want to enjoy the beauty of hills? Want to enjoy the cool flowing rivers? Panchmarhi is the right choice for you. If you decide to travel by train to this city then book your tickets from Indore. Not only the town, but also the journey is plain mesmerizing. Best time would be to go during the monsoons, as the falls and the rivers are full and the location is extremely romantic. But, a word of caution here. The falls here are highly risky. Remember the news video where a family of four drowned. It was this. Still that shouldn’t deter you from visiting this exhilarating small town. Make it a must visit.
3. Omkareshwar: Situated 30 kilometers from Indore, this place has an both an epic as well as historic importance. It is the city where in lies one of the twelve famous Jyotirlingas that sees many devotees round the year. The temple is situated on the banks of Narmada river which is equally refreshing to bathe and relax.
4. Shivpuri: Yet another small town in MP, that offers exciting one stop destinations to your itchy feet. Be it the beautiful Shivpuri National Park or rafting amidst the rocky beds of river Ganges. Located just 19 kms from Rishikesh, this is a small time pass destination yet very pleasant one. Besides this, the place has several spots of historical importance. One can visit the Tatya Tope Memorial, the Chhatris, Bird sanctuaries and Madikheda Dam which are all very promising destinations in Shivpuri.
5. Chanderi: One of the small towns in MP, it is a place from where we get the famous Chanderi Silk sarees. Rajghat Dham, Shehadi ka Rauza and Koshak Mahal are some of the exciting and picturesque places that one may enjoy as a couple. The food that one gets here is highly economical and does not bite one’s pockets as well as savors the taste buds with the traditional food of MP.
While Ujjain with its boastful history of Mahakaleshawar Temple, Bhopal with its citylife, Khujraho with the world famous erotic sculptures are a big attraction to the tourists both within and abroad, these lesser known cities of Madhya Pradesh are also a true delight and a Must see when visiting the centre of India.
So, pack your bags and enjoy these tourist places and share your experience with us, on Thatslyf.